Sunday, May 11, 2014

Raised By a Queen

Happy Mother's Day
                 This post applies to all Mothers. Whether you have biological kids, foster, borrowed, or otherwise. My own mother has four biological kids and a plethora of "adopted" children. She is their "'Nother Mother."

Whether you are actually a mother or not, you who care for others are a mother. You are a nurturer, you have someone who looks up to you. You are an example to someone. Someone you love and (though they may not show it) they most probably love you too. So don't be depressed that today is Mother's Day and you aren't a mother. Your divine calling is to be a mother. A guide to children. I know of some woman who, though they don't have kids of their own, raise others as though they carried them for 9 months.

             So now to honor the woman who has had the greatest influence on my life thus far, I decided I'd dedicate a post to her. (Hence the Lilacs, which I believe are her favorite flowers. If not, sorry Mom, but you were napping.)

                                 Mom, Mother, Mommy, Ma, Maja, Mom-lady, She Who Bore Me. Whatever you call her, she is the divine woman who loves you. Mine loved me enough not to kill me and my brothers when we fought. When we left little landmines (a.k.a. Lego pieces) all over the floor especially during conference weekend. When nobody broke the lamp. I mean I've got the threat of: "I brought you into this world and I can take you out and make another just like you." So, despite being a little hellion sometimes, I know my mother loves me. She tells me constantly and will constantly tell me until the day I die. (I've told you before Mom, you and Dad aren't gonna die. You're either gonna be translated or changed in the twinkling of an eye.)

   My Mom doesn't just tell me she loves me and my brothers. She shows it. Daily. A text to see what I'm up to. How my day is going. A call to see when I'm going to be home. (Both she and my dad don't sleep comfortably if we're not home or our location is kinda vague. It's almost like they worry or something. Hmm...) She also checks on me when she's passing my room and I'm reading, just to make sure I'm ok and alive. (I kinda don't talk or do much when I'm reading.)

                   My dearest maja is always there. She sometimes will call us into her room and just ask us about our life. How things are going, our relationship status (single, unfortunately), and just life in general. She makes a point of knowing my friends (most of whom are her "borrowed" kids). She trusts me enough that when I'm out, she doesn't ask where I am. She asks where I'm going. Once. Before I leave. I love her enough that I'll let her know when my plans change. I let her know where I am and if anyone joins or leaves our group whilst we are out and about. I do this because, even if she doesn't say anything, I know she's worried about me. I'd rather her not worry about me.

                              I know my mom loves me and all my brothers. She tells me and she shows me. And I reciprocate. I try not to do something that would make her upset. I could never do anything to hurt her. To break the trust she has in me.

     My mother is the greatest mother in the world. She raised a man, who treats every woman like a princess because he was raised by a queen. I know what unconditional love feels like, because of my mother. No matter what I do with my life, she would love me no less.



Mother Dearest,
                         I love you. I love you so much. Thank you for everything you do. You cannot understand the depths of my love, respect, and admiration that I have for you. I may be a daddy's boy, but that doesn't mean that you aren't my hero too. You are a shining example of what a mother should be. A template for what I want my future wife and mother of my children to be. I will always love you and everything you stand for.
                    Your Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment